Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Sale vs. Disappearing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What's the deal? Sometimes outfits seem to drag out forever, going through sale after sale, while others pull a Houdini and just disappear one day. I know that Oshkosh is sometimes a good indicator of what's going to be retired, but is there any way to predict what will go on clearance vs. what will just be discontinued? For example, I coded the talent show accessories because I figured they would go away randomly like the retired talent show outfits. Now, they're on clearance. There are a bunch of things that have just disappeared though. So what's a poor girl to do? [img]confused.gif[/img]

    - Becca

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know but the outfits that are on the sale page are limited quantatities until they run out. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Becca, it is extremely frustrating, and I just don't see a rhyme or reason to it either. We heard "rumors" last year that the Beachside Outfit would retire last August, but it's still around, meanwhile, the Star Flower, which was only introduced last fall is now missing. Go figure.

    I tend to follow the "if you would really miss it then get it now rule", if not, take your chances. I know the money is not always there though. I got caught in not ordering the Memorable Moments outfit with the code, but thankfully the stores still have it and I ordered it today from NYC.

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with what Laurie said. If there is anything that DD HAS to have then I will get it code or no. But for other things I can wait for them to go on clearance or to go on sale.

    it is interesting to me that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for outfits showing up on the sale page. thebirthday outfit was so cute. I thought that it woud have sold a ton and be sold out completely.

    Lara

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •